£360.00 for one document (Property and Finance LPA or Health and Welfare LPA)
£420.00 for both documents (Property and Finance LPA and Health and Welfare LPA)
£600.00 for one document each (Property and Finance LPA or Health and Welfare LPA)
£720.00 for both documents each (Property and Finance LPA and Health and Welfare LPA – four documents in total)
These fees include
- meeting with you to discuss your requirements, explain Lasting Powers of Attorney and answer all of your questions.
- preparing the Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- meeting with you to sign all documents.
- if you prefer, we can take all necessary information over the phone before you come in so that the documents are ready for you to sign when you come in and only one meeting is necessary.
- acting as your witness when you sign the documents.
- acting as your Certificate Provider to certify you have mental capacity and understand what you are signing.
- dealing with your attorneys to arrange signature, including meeting with them to act as their witness if they wish
- applying to register the LPA’s with the Office of the Public Guardian.
- applying for an exemption or reduction to the registration fee where appropriate.
- providing you with the original LPAs for your safekeeping.
- All associated correspondence and advice.
The fees quoted above do not include:-
- Registration fees payable to the Office of the Public Guardian for registration of each LPA of £82 per LPA. (maximum £328 for four LPA’s. You are exempt from paying the registration fees if you are in receipt of certain benefits (such as Guaranteed State Pension Credit) or only pay 50% of the fee if you have an individual gross annual income of £12000 or less.
- Home visit. An additional £60 is payable for a local home visit.
- Providing certified copies of the LPA’s, charged at £24 per copy.
- Storing your LPA’s
The maximum total costs a couple would therefore pay for four LPA’s including registration fees would therefore be £1048.
Acting as Certificate Provider only
£150 for one LPA per person
£30 for each additional LPA per person (£180 for both documents)
£210 for one LPA for a couple
£30 for each additional LPA per person (£270 for both documents)
These fees include
- One meeting to explain the Lasting Powers of Attorney and assess your mental capacity.
- Signing the LPA’s as your witness and Certificate Provider.
- One letter to you.
These fees do not include
- additional advice and correspondence.
- preparing any documents
- dealing with your attorneys
- registering the LPA’s with the Office of the Public Guardian
- a local home visit is charged at £60 per visit.
Phone 01782 627589 for free initial advice over the telephone
If the person who would sign a Lasting Power of Attorney no longer has mental capacity, we suggest that you instead seek advice from Sheree Green of Greenchurch Legal Services as she specialises in applications to the Court of Protection and is able to act as a professional deputy when necessary.