29th May 2020
We continue to work, mostly from home.
- The office building is closed and there is no receptionist and so visits to the office are by appointment only.
- Your phone call to our landline or mobile phones will still be answered 24 hours a day.
- We will send most correspondence by email, but continue to send correspondence in the post when appropriate.
- One of us goes into the office every day to collect and deal with post.
- All documentation and correspondence relating to your case is stored on a cloud based case management system and so the person working on your case should have access to your entire file even though they are working from home.
- We will protect your confidentiality by protecting access to your information and paperwork. Conversations with you shall be conducted in private and we shall wear headsets when appropriate to protect against being overheard.
Visits to the office
- Instead of meeting with clients face to face, we will meet instead by telephone or video call as far as possible
- Visits to sign or drop off documents are by appointment only
- We shall maintain social distancing when signing and witnessing documents.
Do not come to the office for any reason if:-
1. You have been to an affected place in the last 14 days; or
2. You have had contact with somebody with Coronavirus in the last 14 days; and/or
3. You have any of the symptoms of Coronavirus such as cough, fever and shortness of breath in the last 14 days;
4. You are in the vulnerable group of people who should not have face-to-face contact outside your home.
Your visit will be cancelled if any of the above applies to the person meeting you.
Procedure before your visit
- When making appointments, ensure that there is only one visitor to the business at any time.When making appointments we leave a large gap between appointments to minimise the risk of visitors encountering each other.
- Please let us know before our meeting whether you prefer us to wear a face covering or not.
- If any documents are to be signed by or handed to you, we print them as far in advance of the meeting as practicable, probably within 24 hours of making the appointment. We place in an open folder so that you can potentially take the documents out of the folder without touching the folder itself.
- Before and after visits, we clean any surfaces that may be touched by the visitor.
- We suggest that you bring your own pen with black ink to sign documents or make notes.
During your visit
- Shortly before our meeting, we shall clean with anti-bacterial wipes any surfaces that you may touch inadvertently or through necessity during your visit.
- The building is closed and there is no receptionist. Therefore, when you arrive, please telephone 01782 627589. We shall then wash our hands before coming to let you in.
- If you prefer, we can come out and meet you at your car, directly in front of the building.
- Please try not to touch any door handles or surfaces during your visit. We shall open and close all doors for you.
- Meetings to sign documentation will generally be conducted in the large temporary waiting room at the front of the building.
- If you come further into the building, we may ask you to wash your hands.
- No more than 2 employees from the business is in the building at any time. In the event that we need to provide two witnesses necessary to sign the Will, we shall endeavour to ensure that the two witnesses are from the same household. However, the building is shared by other businesses and so it is possible that you may encounter other persons during your visit.
- Throughout your visit, please try to maintain a distance of two metres between us. If we happen to pass within this distance or you encounter anyone else during your visit, we should try to face away from each other.
- Please feel free to use the hand sanitiser available during your visit
- Just before our meeting, we shall place any documents that you need to sign on a table. Once you have signed the documents, please place them on the other table and move away so that we can then approach to sign the documents.
- Please also place your identification documents and anything else that I need to see or copy on the table.
- We suggest that you bring your own pen with black ink with you. However, we shall nevertheless place a pen on the table with the documents for your use. We also provide antibacterial wipes for you to clean the pen before use.
- After you have signed the documents, we shall then approach to sign the documents.
If you are in a vulnerable group or otherwise need to be shielded, we can visit you at home when necessary to sign documents. We shall discuss with you so to ensure we do so safely, taking into account your personal circumstances. For example, we can witness documents through a window or garden.
In circumstances where a home visit is necessary due to Corona virus, we will not charge our usual additional fee for a home visit.